1. Have you ever had an addiction?
~Never anything too serious. Just a caffeine addiction. I know, sounds silly, but I firmly believe that many people are addicted to caffeine and that it will some day be shown that this leads to early heart attacks and death. When caffeine becomes outlawed for its narcotic-like effect (the "perk" you get) and the negative effects on the body (the "death" thing) there will be a great uprising and thousands will die. They will be called the Starbuck Wars for years to come. Who will win? Nobody yet knows, the future is cloudy - probably because I haven't had my coffee yet this morning.
2. Are you afraid of the dark?
~Hmm. No? I don't mind the dark, but I tend to have a very very vivid imagination of what could be in the dark. I dread opening my eyes at night because my mind has pictured someone standing over me, or someone just walking into my room with some kind of weapon. Strangely enough the thought of zombies at night don't scare me so much - they'd have to get in the house and even though I'm a very heavy sleeper most of the time, I'd like to think that someone battering
their way into the house would wake me up and if not me then Maria, who would then wake me.
3. What's your favorite flavor of ice cream?
~Whatever kind I'm currently eating as long as it's not nasty.
4. Have you ever been to the circus?
~Lots of times. When I got older I started to feel bad for some of the animals. Still, the non-animal acts are usually fun.
5. What do you think of North Korea testing nuclear weapons?
~They want to test? Fine. No problem with that. I think we need to start making sure we have interceptor missles prepped and ready to shoot down anything that might be fired at us. The moment that North Korea fires ON somebody? Yeah, there's unfortunately going to be a lot of loss of life. In North Korea.Five Things About Me
1. I love playing first person shooter games like Halo, Star Wars Battlefront, Doom III, etc. The problem comes in with the fact that I absolutely suck
at them. They're a lot of fun when you're NOT the worst player around. I don't have time to practice at it because I'm working either on the job, around the house, or whatever. I'm a very casual gamer
who aspires to be so much more.
2. I don't know how to tell a good story. A good story is supposed to have a beginning, middle, and ending. My stories usually have a beginning, middle, and a fizzle. They just kind of peter out with me saying something like "and I thought it was funny..." while everyone around me looks confused.
3. Before getting me through the American adoption program my parents were going to adopt a young black child. It stuns me to think that my father, who once said that Sherrill (the town I'm from) was getting "weird" because he saw a black man walking down the street*, was going to adopt a black child. Okay, so this one isn't about me, but it's something from my life.
4. I get VERY easily distracted. One of the reasons my room was never clean as a kid was because I would quite often pick up a book from my room and start reading my favorite parts from it. This comes through now when I'm cleaning - books, computer, movies, all these things get in the way. I just tend to be very very moment oriented instead of broad-spectrum.
5. If I could choose only one thing to spend my money on for the rest of my life, assuming that I'd be fed and have a roof over my head, I would choose books. I love books - they can take you places, open your eyes to new ideas, and just about every silly cliche you've ever heard about books is true.
What would you choose?
*My dad's not a bad guy, I swear - he's just from a very secluded town and a very secluded life.