jmfargo: (Default)
[personal profile] jmfargo
I watch the stats on my Father Fails blog rather closely and it makes me laugh when I notice an interesting trend. Like, for example, everyone loves it when I'm a horrible person.

Take, for example, yesterday's post: In Which I Am Probably Scarring Her For Life. With that title this quickly became the most viewed post I have put up to date. In one day its views eclipsed even Parenting or Porn which had a huge immediate following.

So when I put horrible titles that make me sound like an absolutely terrible person? That's what gets read quickly and gains more comments than anything else I've written. I used to question whether or not the titles matter and now I've learned:

Make the title as horrible as possible and they will come. Lesson learned, challenge accepted.

Date: 2012-10-05 05:08 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] michikatinski.livejournal.com
I watch the stats on my mom blog occasionally (well, hey, I only post occasionally) and the one post that's gone viral was a letter to my daughter for when she turns twelve (in ten years). Everything else gets maybe 20-25 views and zero comments. LOL.

Date: 2012-10-05 06:41 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] chaosvizier.livejournal.com
Welcome to The Internet, where Schadenfreude and potential Schadenfreude will trump pretty much anything else, ever, barring perhaps a post title of "This Post Is Full Of Images Of Cute Kittens With Silly Taglines Photoshopped In For Effect".

April 2017

S M T W T F S
      1
234567 8
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
30      

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 12th, 2026 11:36 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios