A New Lease
Oct. 15th, 2013 11:39 pmI haven't talked about this much here or really anywhere online because it seems that every time in the past that I've talked about trying to change something in my life (especially my weight and health) I end up going back into my old habits almost immediately, making a lie out of everything I've just written. I've always posted in the past about how I'm going to try something new and I'm going to change my life and do all new things. I talk about what I want to do at the beginning and where it's going.
I'd like to talk about where I've been.
For almost exactly two months now I have been following a ketogenic style of eating: low-carbs, high fat, medium protein. I'm not debating the merits and I'm also not espousing it as something that everyone else should be doing. I'm just here to say that it's working for me and I'm very happy with it. I don't know that I'll ever go off of this but at the same time I'm not telling other people that they're "doing it wrong." What works for me may not work for you, or Bob. Whoever Bob is.
Since coming to Virginia I've had a problem: Back pain. I would wake up in the morning and take 10 minutes to get out of bed because every movement hurt. It felt like every joint in my back had cemented together and I had to break up that cement in order to stand. Oh, and that cement was full of nerve endings. This also, as I'm sure you can imagine, made sleeping at night difficult since I tend to toss and turn. Every movement sent shock-waves of pain through my body.
Seriously, it really was that bad. It was making me absolutely miserable and completely unhappy. I was at my wit's end and my doctor had absolutely no solutions for me. I even suggested that, maybe I hurt because I was so fat? He laughed and said he'd never heard of that. I called him dumb. Secretly. In my head.
Having had enough I decided that I needed to lose weight. I studied my options, found what would work best for me, and started eating a ketogenic diet.
Within two days the pain was gone. I would wake up stiff but not sore. No pain. Not even a little bit.
Even if I hadn't lost a pound of fat that would have been enough to keep me off carbs. Every time that I've had a "cheat day" (twice), I've felt miserable and the pain has come back. Carbs and I do not get along in even the littlest of ways.
I feel better. I'd even go so far as to say I feel good. "Keto" is for me!
Oh, and I've also lost over 40 lbs in 2 months. So that's kind of cool.
I'd like to talk about where I've been.
For almost exactly two months now I have been following a ketogenic style of eating: low-carbs, high fat, medium protein. I'm not debating the merits and I'm also not espousing it as something that everyone else should be doing. I'm just here to say that it's working for me and I'm very happy with it. I don't know that I'll ever go off of this but at the same time I'm not telling other people that they're "doing it wrong." What works for me may not work for you, or Bob. Whoever Bob is.
Since coming to Virginia I've had a problem: Back pain. I would wake up in the morning and take 10 minutes to get out of bed because every movement hurt. It felt like every joint in my back had cemented together and I had to break up that cement in order to stand. Oh, and that cement was full of nerve endings. This also, as I'm sure you can imagine, made sleeping at night difficult since I tend to toss and turn. Every movement sent shock-waves of pain through my body.
Seriously, it really was that bad. It was making me absolutely miserable and completely unhappy. I was at my wit's end and my doctor had absolutely no solutions for me. I even suggested that, maybe I hurt because I was so fat? He laughed and said he'd never heard of that. I called him dumb. Secretly. In my head.
Having had enough I decided that I needed to lose weight. I studied my options, found what would work best for me, and started eating a ketogenic diet.
Within two days the pain was gone. I would wake up stiff but not sore. No pain. Not even a little bit.
Even if I hadn't lost a pound of fat that would have been enough to keep me off carbs. Every time that I've had a "cheat day" (twice), I've felt miserable and the pain has come back. Carbs and I do not get along in even the littlest of ways.
I feel better. I'd even go so far as to say I feel good. "Keto" is for me!
Oh, and I've also lost over 40 lbs in 2 months. So that's kind of cool.
no subject
Date: 2013-10-16 07:35 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2013-10-16 09:43 pm (UTC)Combined with all the other things I'm doing (the testosterone patch, re-removal of caffeine from my diet, and taking vitamins daily) I'm feeling pretty amazing. Probably better than I have in years.
no subject
Date: 2013-10-17 04:47 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2013-10-17 07:41 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2013-10-20 08:34 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2013-10-21 01:59 pm (UTC)As far as what I eat, well, I usually have a salad or two every day with a good amount of dressing (something fatty like Ranch or Oil and Vinegar since it's a high fat diet) and then I honestly have a lot of protein. I just really like my meats.
I know some people are vegetarian and eat keto-style but it's probably harder for them. I've never really looked into it.
I have no more than 30g carbs, 94g Protein, 117g of fat per day when I'm eating properly.
Unencumbered galleries
Date: 2016-02-28 10:26 am (UTC)http://bdsmfiles.pornpost.in/?facebook_margaret
american erotic erotic capital erotic spanish movies erotic star
Pictures from collective networks
Date: 2016-03-17 07:15 am (UTC)http://muslim.clit.pornpost.in/?entry-ally
european richmond superheroes wanted collection
Free adult galleries
Date: 2016-03-19 10:09 pm (UTC)http://blond.cutie.twiclub.in/?post.alondra
cartoon porn zip folders betty and barney porn abracadabra porn torrent kim cardashion porn videos porn imagese
Latest plat
Date: 2016-03-30 11:51 pm (UTC)http://gay.adultgalls.com/?profile-gabriel
gay ice tube gay dateing gay flat share gay men chat gay clubs london
Pictures from social networks
Date: 2016-03-31 03:07 am (UTC)health for sex big strapon doll games
http://sissy.adultnet.in/?profile.angel
hair rollers how to gender reassignment surgery male to female video stainless steel welded tube gender transformation man to woman black dress for baby girl castration male examples of gender equality creating online tests
Loose grown-up galleries
Date: 2016-04-04 12:50 am (UTC)simple apps for android download free dictionary video download song spice android apps aptoide download android gratis
http://adult.android.market.sexblog.pw/?epoch.nina
top game for android themes for android free download best cheap android tablet nexus 7 5 smartphone review 2015
Loose adult galleries
Date: 2016-04-04 04:45 am (UTC)http://teen.polish.yopoint.in/?entry.deborah
best porn actrice older man and young boy porn klienman porn gyno exam video porn girls filming porn
Mature galleries
Date: 2016-04-10 10:24 pm (UTC)http://latex.xblog.in/?dispatch.robin
erotic actress free xxx pornography hard sex erotic excerpts erotica
Full-grown galleries
Date: 2016-04-11 03:20 am (UTC)make money android app apps for android apps store play live streaming adult channel adult webcam rooms
http://bsdm.apps.android.purplesphere.in/?page.maegan
games to download for android coolest free android games htc phone online google app store install free download games and application
Loose adult galleries
Date: 2016-04-14 07:01 pm (UTC)cage for parrot dildo and sex best strap on
http://sissytales.porndairy.in/?profile.odalys
bondage male chastity auto skunk sheer ee through panties space diapers cartoon gay porn free videos with sex dolls training sissy maid vintage skirts
Mature site
Date: 2016-04-20 12:01 pm (UTC)http://amatuer.only.sexblog.top/?post.kaitlyn
lucy tia porn teen porn gay video free family porn archive femjoy porn girls snuff porn vids
Sexual pictures
Date: 2016-04-24 11:29 am (UTC)how to download games from app store for free android games running theme android hd android application files free download pc apps
http://apps.android.telrock.org/?stage.sydni
mobile apps developer what app to download music adult android aplpication apps android download player video player
Adult galleries
Date: 2016-05-04 03:45 am (UTC)http://girl.on.girl.eblog.space/?post-blanca
lusi porn big tit in shower porn big breasted blonde women porn photos autumn sunset dvd porn little porn xxx
Latest install
Date: 2016-05-07 04:21 pm (UTC)http://sluts.private.sexblog.pw/?post-keeley
shmeale porn cartoon niblies porn senior oral porn homemade movie porn girl tattoos porn
Free galleries
Date: 2016-05-14 03:25 am (UTC)http://girl.on.girl.eblog.space/?entry.odalys
best blow job you porn search porn letters young playboy porn college boy phisicalsz porn young petite teen tube porn
Grown up galleries
Date: 2016-05-23 05:01 pm (UTC)http://ashlynn.pornpost.in/?stage.kelsi
top 100 free online dating sites dating social networking site text hookup canada dating websites online photo cards
My brand-new website
Date: 2016-05-26 05:40 am (UTC)sonakshi wallpaper sexy download de jogos para android adult market app app for calling 9apps android apps download
http://pornapps.xblog.in/?page.paula
how to watch free movies on android google translate app android android poker app best android cell phone free hookup sites for singles
Full-grown galleries
Date: 2016-05-27 10:30 am (UTC)http://singles.dating.twiclub.in/?leaf.priscila
social networking sites information asia free dating best totally free dating site sugar daddy atlanta secret affairs dating
Unencumbered galleries
Date: 2016-05-31 02:57 pm (UTC)htc android qwerty good free android games google services install chess for android best video app android
http://androidporn.blognet.pw/?post.arely
action game foe android free dual sim android app development in android mikandi adult web filter software
Latest spot
Date: 2016-05-31 04:09 pm (UTC)http://futanari.porndairy.in/?baby
erotic song indian sex italian erotic film erotic mobile games erotic fairs
Unshackle galleries
Date: 2016-06-03 06:31 pm (UTC)http://best.amatuer.erolove.top/?entry.crystal
midget bridget perez porn free grannie porn pictures gay porn comics self filmed ebony teenie home porn exam doctor porn